Data Analyst - Media Content Operations
Do you want to work for an Emmy® Award-winning company? At Audible Magic we are building the most revolutionary media recognition technology and rights management solutions for the global music, movie and television industry. Our customers and partners include some of the largest and most recognized brands in the industry. We win awards because we keep driving to provide better solutions for our customers, solutions that meet the needs of the ever-changing music and entertainment industry.At Audible Magic we believe our customers are paramount, and our reputation and integrity are the foundation of our business.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team. The key functions of the Data Analyst are to research, review and input meta-data into our music databases. This individual will have a versed background with emphasis in research, data-mining and passion for music rights and its technical background information. A motivated self-starter with interests in the
understanding of rights administration while developing organization, process and procedures for retrieving data.
This position reports to the Content Operations Manager
- Content management – monitor, research, and identify copyright information
- Label and Publishing copyright research and sourcing
- Creating, maintaining and developing metrics for daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Tracking new catalog deliveries, deltas and new signings
- Creating and maintaining charts of popular music based on internal and external data points.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and or music industry experience equivalent
- Must have a passion for music rights associated data
- Meticulous attention to detail while being proficient in metadata, Excel, internet
- research, and data mining
- A working knowledge and understanding of rights associated with label, publisher, composer & writer credits
- An understanding of UI, UX, databases that are associated with digital music distribution
- 2-4 years’ experience in a data analysis/research role.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail and linear processes
- Knowledge of basic music industry formatting standards, metadata, ISRC, ISWC and UPC information
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work efficiently in a metric based environment
- Takes ownership and drives issues to closure
- Strong team player that thrives in a rapid-paced and fluid environment
- Critical thinker able to concisely represent a point of view and develop process
- Professional demeanor, strong presence, and ability to interact with all levels of
- personnel within the organization